It appears that finally we are getting an honest to goodness SNOW here in Richmond. I love snow. I think it's magical. One of my all time favorite human moments is standing outside when a snow fall first starts to come down, and everything is so gorgeously soft and quiet it makes your breath catch in your throat. I am 29 years old and I still wake up early when it snows outside and put on boots over my pajamas because I can't wait to get out in it, to take a deep breath surrounded by all that whiteness.
This looks to be a big one and it's just the beginning, but it's already been a pretty great snowy day. Thanks to:
1. Puppies in the snow. The perfect excuse to go outside as many times as possible during a snow fall? A puppy in house training mode. I will be spending a lot of time in the snow waiting for George to do his business over the next couple of days and I couldn't more more thrilled :)
2. The most moist and delicious homemade banana bread (100% whole wheat and "healthier" since it doesn't have butter and uses olive oil instead and is sweetened with honey instead of sugar, although really honey is not "healthier" than sugar but just a different kind of sweetening carbohydrate marketed that way by health experts but I digress, and I love honey ) I baked from a recipe online, ideal for post snow walks and even better with a mug of hot cocoa.
3. A cozy fire. I'm sadly minus a husband since he's in Charlottesville working and will be stuck there overnight due to the forecast, but at least I have the pups to keep me company.
4. The fact that I don't have to work again until Wednesday. As a nurse there is no such thing as a snow day and I am very grateful I wasn't scheduled to work today or tomorrow. Thinking of all of my hospital peoples who do though! Hopefully everyone stays safe.
5. My plans for tonight which include leftover chicken and barley soup (I made this last night without even knowing we were going to get snow and it is pretty much the perfect snowy day food), a glass (or two) of wine, and Scandal. I finally started it the other day and I can already tell it is going to be a magical binge watching experience. I may be snowed in tomorrow and unable to leave the house which might force me to watch it all day in between snow walks. Shucks :)
Hope everyone out there is enjoying their snowy days (and staying safe and warm!)
I'm a thirty-something mom of two, wife, pediatric RN, and writer with a passion for all the big and little things in life.