Hi pals! Thought I’d pop in real quick with some Friday favorites, since I haven’t in a while, and there are quite a few things I currently love and adore. So, in no particular order.
1. These adorable spring clothes for Ryland from Boden
So cute and fun and colorful! I love all of Boden’s spring collection and when I got a 20% gift code in the mail I couldn’t resist getting Ryland a few staples.
2. Um, also maybe a few sweet spring things from Gap/Old Navy (in my defense I had $50 in Old Navy cash and $45 in Gap rewards that I had to spend or it would go to waste, and Ryland grows like a weed! Okay fine, I may have a problem.
3. And while we’re on the topic of shopping ;), Loft is having a 40% off Friends & Family sale (which is still going on so go run there now!) and I might have found a couple of cute things for mama for spring. I’m trying out some new shapes/silhouettes from my standard wardrobe of v-neck tees, so I’ll let you know how it goes when I actually try them on. Chances are, they may not look as cute on me than on a gorgeous model with a perfect figure 🙂 But hopefully there will be a few keepers. I’m also, as you may be able to tell, a little unhealthily obsessed with stripes in my wardrobe. An intervention may be needed.
3. We are watching the Netflix documentary series, Wild, Wild Country.
Oh my God you guys, it’s SO fascinating and good. Basically, it’s about a “cult”/religious movement centered around this Indian guru guy that strangely ended up in Oregon in the 1980s and all of the conflict and escalation that erupted between that movement and the ranchers who lived in the area as well as local and federal government agencies who wanted them gone. I had NO idea that any of this went on. The documentary is really well done in the sense that it is really fair and thorough and you never fully side with either group, even though both sides do some pretty awful things. It’s also just so interesting from a constitutional law perspective, and what things like freedom of religion and assembly mean in this country, even if we’re protecting entities that scare us or do things we think are strange or immoral. Anyways, I can’t really do it justice so just go watch it!
4. Another thing I’m obsessed with right now is Dax Shepherd’s Armchair Expert podcast. I liked him from Parenthood and always thought he and Kristen Bell were pretty darn cute as a couple, but I didn’t have a super strong opinion on him until now. But he is a really smart, interesting guy, and he is also a great conversationalist. And as a bonus his guests so far have been awesome, Kristen Bell (obviously), Adam Scott, Lauren Graham and Joy Behar (Parenthood reunite!!), Ashton Kutcher, Katie Couric, Zach Braff. It’s a great thing to listen to if you spend a lot of time in the car like me, or (as my other preferred time to listen to podcasts) while giving your kids a bath 🙂
5. Two of my FAVORITE Bravo shows are back on, which makes me and my DVR super happy. I’m talking of course about the epic, highly intellectual and respected Southern Charm and RHONY (or Real Housewives of NYC for the uninitiated). I love them both for very different reasons, Southern Charm because I get to live vicariously through these people in Charleston and pretend I’m back in my favorite city, and RHONY because well, it’s just the best of all the Real Housewives and always will be. Because of moments like this:
God, I hope this show is on forever.
Anyways, those are my 5 favorite things right now. Happy weekending everyone!